Your first steps into Kundalini Yoga Therapy according to Yogi Bhajan
Over a period of 9 years, Yogi Bhajan created the art of Kundalini Yoga Therapy. Become familar with Yogiji’s system of Kundalini Yoga Therapy and begin developing the skills and practices necessary to safely and effectively teach Kundalini Yoga to people with health conditions.
Open to all Kundalini teachers and those in training in Level 1 are the first three introductory courses (Segment 1-3), Structural Therapy (Segment 5), Unraveling the Knot (Segment 6) and the Journey of the Soul: Death, Dying and Grief Recovery (Segment 12). Transforming Anxiety and Depression (Segment 7) is available as part of the series of advanced workshops “Mental Health in the Aquarian Age”.
The first 3 in-person segments focus on shifting your consciousness from being a Kundalini Yoga teacher to becoming a Kundalini Yoga Therapist. The subsequent in-person segments are diagnose-related and focus on assessment and clinical application. Courses listed under Continuing Education offer complementary topics or excerpts from our training curriculum.
Open to yoga teachers from all traditions are the online courses, (1) Ethics in Yoga Therapy, (2) Exploring Evidence-Based Yoga Therapy Research, (3) How to Build a Successful Holistic Health Practice, (4) How Yoga and Meditation Work from a Scientific Perspective, (5) Ayurveda, (6) Tracking and Charting a Case Study and (7) Keeping it all Together: The Business of Yoga Therapy.
Segment 1 Foundations: Practices & Principles of Kundalini Yoga Therapy
This training gives Kundalini Yoga teachers the foundation needed to develop the skills to teach Kundalini Yoga to people with health conditions safely and effectively.
- Yogi Bhajans 15 Principles for therapeutic yoga classes
- The specific structure of a therapeutic yoga course
- The inner attitude of a yoga therapist
- Discovering and mobilizing resources
- The process of change and the psychology of health recovery
- Develop your identity as KY teacher, therapist and yogic healer
A curriculum for a 6-week yoga course for participants of different health conditions is part of the course materials.
Foundations: Principles and Practices is the 1. Segment of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training and is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training.
Segment 2 Origins & Identity: An Exploration of Your Authentic Self
Establish endurance, subtlety, stillness, frequency and radiant presence to stay strong in the presence of suffering.
Yogic philosophy gives us an understanding of the source of illness and the pathway of health recovery as self-discovery.
In this 4 day training you will:
- Experience the interconnectivity of the gross and subtle forces
- Discover meaning and impact of 36 tattwas, 3 gunas, and 10 Bodies on consciousness and body
- Identify and resolve inner conflict as source and solution of illness
- Dive into the transformative wisdom of Bhagavad Gita, Patañjali Yoga Sutras, Gobind Geet and the 5 Sutras of the Aquarian Age
- Explore the impact of thought and belief on health recovery, penetrate the influence of karmas and samskaras
- Deepen your relationship to Radiant, Subtle and Pranic bodies as manifestation of your soul’s presence
Origins & Identity: An Exploration of Your Authentic Self is the 2. Segment of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Practitioner Training and is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training. Segment 1 Foundations is mandatory before participating in this segment.
Segment 3 Elements & Alchemy of Kundalini Yoga Therapy
Here is the answer to your question:
How does Kundalini Yoga work?
Understand the alchemistic synergies of Kundalini Yoga techniques and be a more effective Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
In this 6 day training you will
- explore Asana and Kriya through the function of meridians
- tap into the subtle source of power of the Prana Vayus, Pittas and Kaphas
- discover how Bandha, Mudra, Drishti and Bhavana guide the subtle energies
- experience the transformational impact of Rhythm, Naad and Mantra.
Elements & Alchemy is the 3. Segment of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Practitioner Training and is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training.
Application oriented Segments
Segment 5 Yoga Therapy for the Structural System
Yoga Therapy for the Structural System is the 5. Segment of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Practitioner Training and is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training.
This segment develops an in depth understanding of the muscles and joints of the body; how to complete an assessment of imbalances and how to utilize asana/kriya to increase flexibility and range of motion, strengthen and support the structural system.
Segment 6 Unraveling the Knot: the Interplay of Stress, Pain, Inflammation and Sleep in Wellness and Disease
Unraveling the Knot is the 6. Segment of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Practitioner Training and is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training. Segment 1 Foundations is mandatory before participating in this segment.
This segment explores the interplay of the physiology and yogic psychology of stress, inflammation, pain and sleep and their role in health and illness.
Segment 7 Transforming Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety and depression are among the most common struggles of our students. In this training you will develop the specific skills a Kundalini Yoga teacher needs to compassionately and effectively serve people with these concerns. In this course we explore:
- The relationship of the brain, glandular and nervous systems to anxiety and depression
- How Prana Vayus, Chakras and Ten Bodies provide avenues for transformation
- How Pranayama, Mantra and Kriya restore self regulation and recovery
- The latest yoga and meditation research for anxiety and depression
- How to support transition from anxiety and depression to calm, confident energy
- Curriculum for group and private classes
“Transforming Anxiety and Depression” is the 7. Segment. As part of the advanced workshop series “Mental Health in the Aquarian Age” it is available for Kundalini Yoga teachers without enrolling in the 1000 hours program. Segment 1 Foundations and Overcoming Cold Depression are mandatory before participating in this course.
Segment 12 The Journey of the Soul: Facing Death and Transforming Grief
When we cultivate our own rrealtionship with death, we become free to live fully, fearlessly, and with joy. In these four days you will develop your capacity for presence as you gain skills and understanding into the powerful yogic approach to facing death and transforming grief.
What you will learn
• The yogic understanding and the medical process of death: what happens when we die?
• Sound current and Praan Sutra
• Tattvas, Ten Bodies, Blue Ethers and the process of conscious dying
• The sacred 17 days after the soul leaves the body
• Yogic response to suicide and sudden death
• End of life decision making and grief recovery
What you will experience
• A yogic practice to prepare for leasving the body
• Your presence and stillness in being with dying
• Kriyas and Meditations to transform generational fear, anger and grief
• Transform core beliefs, uplift your frequency, connect with the light and power of your soul
The Journey of the Soul is the 12. Segment of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training and is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training.
Mental Health in the Aquarian Age
Support your students and clients with therapeutic courses according to Yogi Bhajan safely and effectively through the greatest challenges of the Awakening Aquarius Age: Cold Depression, anxiety, depression and trauma. Nourish yourself to be able to be strong in the presence of pain. Qualify for teaching curricula based on current research. Dive deep and experience the therapeutic system of Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
- Overcoming Cold Depression
- Transform Anxiety and Depression
- Trauma-sensitive KY for people with PTSD
- Support with 3 coaching sessions via conference call
- Intense self-reflection, individual sadhana and group sadhana
This course is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training. Segment 1 Foundations is mandatory before participating in this course.
Overcoming Cold Depression
Penetrate the Silence of the Soul
Yogi Bhajan cautioned that as we transition into the Aquarian Age through 2038, humanity would suffer from a phenomenon he called Cold Depression. It affects vitality of spirit and leads us to take destructive risk and to self-sabotage.
Learn what Cold Depression is, how to identify it and exactly what you need to help your students, clients and yourself overcome its effects. Three different curriculum for teaching a 3 hrs introductory class, a 1-day workshop and a 7 week course are included.
- Signs and Symptoms of Cold Depression
- Cold Depression and Addiction
- Destiny, Distance and Cold Depression
- Cold Depression, Illness and Health Recovery
This course is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training. Segment 1 Foundations is helpful but not mandatory before participating in this course.
Teaching Trauma-informed Kundalini Yoga for People with PTSD
This training provides the specific skills you need to compassionately, safely and effectively instruct a trauma informed Kundalini Yoga course for people with PTSD.
The GRDC created an evidence-based Kundalini Yoga curriculum that clinically demonstrated to be effective in helping people reconnect with their body, reduce symptoms and provide the support to move from a state of reactivity to an experience of safety and calm.
- Identify the indicators of PTSD and what is necessary for recovery.
- Understand the impact of trauma on brain, glandular and nervous systems and how a specific practice of Kundalini Yoga restores healthy regulation to these systems.
- Gain skill in helping a person who has been triggered to safely restore calm and presence.
- Skillfully apply language and manner to deliver a Trauma Informed Kundalini Yoga program.
- Latest yoga and meditation research for PTSD evidenced based 10-week Trauma Informed Kundalini Yoga curriculum for group course.
This course is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training. Segment 1 Foundations, Overcoming Cold Depression and Transforming Anxiety and Depression are mandatory before participating in this course.
How to recover from long-term stress and rebuild a restorative sleep.
This two days course is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training.
The Wanderer – Vagus Nerve Intensive
Tap into the power of the vagus nerve. Learn how to support you and your students during times of high demands and how to maintain your vitality in daily life.
This two days course is open to Kundalini Yoga teachers as well as teachers in training.
1,000 hours Kundalini Yoga Therapy Training according to Yogi Bhajan
Over a period of 9 years, Yogi Bhajan laid the foundation for the 1000 hours training in Kundalini Yoga Therapy. We pass on this knowledge and experience in 13 in-person segments, 7 online segments, yoga practice, supervision and individual mentoring.
The first 3 in-person segments focus on shifting your consciousness from being a Kundalini Yoga teacher to becoming a Kundalini Yoga Therapist. The subsequent in-person segments are diagnose-related and focus on assessment and clinical application. They take you deep into clinical practice of Kundalini Yoga as therapy.
We guide your transition from being a Kundalini Yoga teacher to becoming a Kundalini Yoga Therapist. You develop the skills and practices necessary to safely and effectively teach Kundalini Yoga to people with health conditions.
Our training, as the only Kundalini Yoga Therapy training worldwide, is fully accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists IAYT, our faculty are certified Yoga Therapists according IAYT standards.
In Person Segments
Personal Development / Home Practice
Teaching KY Therapy Group Classes
Gain skill in teaching a therapeutic KY group class.
Gain skill in clinic Kundalini Yoga Therapy with individual clients. Assessment, treatment and tracking clinical outcomes.
Completion of a project that addresses the trainee’s personal talents and interests. Determined with the Faculty Mentor.
Provides personal support and reflection; assists with defining Graduation Project and tracking and monitoring trainee progress, personal development and completion of training.
Provides personal support and reflection, progression of skill development and training in key clinical areas including safety, legal and ethical issues, helping clients when stuck or setbacks and accurate assessment and treat- ment application.